نموذج اختبار ستيب | أخطار مشاهدة التلفزيون
Read the following passage, and then answer the following questions.
1. Is your television killing you? Did you know that every hour you
spend watching it can take 22 minutes off of your life? This means
that viewing مشاهدة for an average معدل of six hours a day can cut short
your life by five years!
2. The above information is based ترتكز على on a study دراسة done by a
group of researchers باحثين at the University of Queensland,
Australia. The inactivity associated with TV viewing is dangerous and
gives greater opportunities فرص for unhealthy غير صحي overeating.
أكل زيادة The researchers also showed that a sedentary جلوس lifestyle
أسلوب حياة is as bad for health as smoking cigarettes. The scientists
calculated حسب that half an hour of watching TV is equivalent to
smoking one cigarette, with both cutting 11 minutes off a lifespan
العمر . Australians watch TV for an average of six hours per day and
health effects are likely to be similar in other industrialized
صناعية countries أقطار ; the average amount of time spent watching
TV daily is four hours in the UK, and five hours in the United States.
3. An earlier study associated television viewing with the risk خطر of
developing type-2 diabetes السكري and heart disease مرض القلب , as
well as with the risk of early death. That research showed that these
risks rose by 20% for people who spend just two hours a day in front
of the TV.
4. The good news is that exercising for just 15 minutes a day can
increase your lifespan by up to three years. It can also reduce the
risk of premature death الموت المبكر by 14%. Each extra 15 minutes
of exercise added to that can decrease يخفض this risk by another
1. According to paragraph (2), people who watch too much TV
are also likely to ……………..
A) cut 11 minutes from their lifespan
B) get too much exercise
C) eat too much food
D) smoke cigarettes
2. According to the text, what activity can increase the health
risks of diabetes and heart disease by 20%?
A) Watching TV for two hours a day
B) A generally inactive lifestyle
C) Unhealthy overeating
3. The word premature in paragraph (4) is closest in meaning
4. According to paragraph (4), exercising for 15 minutes daily
A) add three years to your total life time
B) lengthen your life by 22 minutes
C) decrease the risk of death by 4%
D) lower heart disease by 4%