نموذج اختبار ستيب | الدلافين Dolphins
Read the following passage and then answer the following questions
1. Nearly 40 species أنواع of dolphins swim the waters of the world.
Most live in shallow ضحلة areas of tropical استوائية and temperate
معتدلة oceans محيطات , and five species live in rivers.
2. Known for their playful behavior سلوك , dolphins are highly
intelligent ذكية جد ا . They are as smart ذكي as apes قرود , and the
evolution تطور of their larger brains أدمغة is surprisingly مدهش
similar to humans. Dolphins are part of the family of whales .حيتان
They are very social, اجتماعي living in groups.
3. Depending on the species, gestation الحمل or pregnancy period فترة
الحمل takes 9 to 17 months. After birth, dolphins are surprisingly
maternal أمومة . They have been observed nestling and cuddling يداعب
ويعانق their young صغارهم . A dolphin calf ضغير الدولفين nurses حضانة
for up to two years. Calves stay with the mothers anywhere from
three to eight years.
4. Because dolphins are mammals ثديات , they need to come to the
surface of the water to breathe يتنفس . Unlike بخلاف land mammals
الثديات الارضية that breathe and eat through their mouths, dolphins
have separate holes for each task مَهمة . Dolphins eat through their
mouths and breathe through their blowholes فتحات التنفس . This
prevents the dolphin from sucking up ابتلاع water into the lungs
when hunting يصطاد , reducing يقلل the risk خطر of drowning. الغرق
5. Dolphins have acute eyesight نظر حاد both in and out of the water.
They hear frequencies 10 ترددات السمع times the upper limit of adult
humans. Their sense of touch اللمس is well-developed, but they have
no sense of smell. الشم
1. in Paragraph 1, the writer is mainly talking about ……………….?
b. tropical and temperate oceans
d. where dolphins live
2. The underlined pronoun" they " in Paragraph 2 refers to ……………….?
3. What are the babies of dolphins called?
4. What's the main idea of Paragraph 4?
a. how dolphins eat and breathe like mammals
b. how dolphins are different from mammals in the way they eat and
c. how dolphins suck up water
d. how dolphins hunt, and reduce the risk of drowning.
5. Which sense is missing in dolphins?