نموذج اختبار ستيب | صحراء الربع الخالي Empty Quarter
Read the following passage, and then answer the following questions.
1. The Rub' al Khali ("Empty Quarter") is the largest continuous sand
رمل desert in the world, encompassing تغطي most of the southern third الثلث
الجنوبي of the Arabian Peninsula شبه الجزيرة العربية .
The desert covers some 650,000 square kilometers including parts of Saudi Arabia, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
2. The desert is 1,000 kilometers long, طول and 500 kilometers wide. عرض Its
surface elevation ارتفاع varies يختلف from 800 meters in the southwest الجنوب الشرقي
to around sea level مستوى سطح البحر in the northeast. The topography سطح is
covered with sand dunes كثبان رملية with heights up to 250 meters scattered منتشرة
with gravel حصى and gypsum جبسين plains سهول . The sand is of a reddish-orange
برتقالي ضارب إلى الحمرة color due to بسبب the presence وجود of feldspar. نوع من الحجارة
3. The region المنطقة has a hot desert climate مناخ typical of the larger Arabian
Desert. The region is classified يصنف as "hyper-arid", شديد الجفاف with typical
annual rainfall سقوط الأمطار السنوي of less than 3 centimeters. Daily maximum
temperatures average at 47 °C and can reach as high as 51 °C.
4. Geologically, جغرافيا the Empty Quarter is the most oil-rich site موقع in the
world. Vast oil reserves have been discovered underneath تحت the sand dunes.
Sheyba, شيبة at the northeastern edge of the Rub' al Khali, is a major light crude
oil-producing site in Saudi Arabia. Ghawar, غوار the largest oil field in the world,
extends southward into the northernmost parts of the Empty Quarter.
5. Today the inhabitants السكان of the Empty Quarter are members of various
local tribes قبائل – for example, the Al Murrah tribe has the largest area mainly
based between Al Ahsa and Najran. the Banu Yam and Banu Hamdan (in
Yemen and the Najran region of southern Saudi Arabia), and the Bani Yas (in
the United Arab Emirates). A few road links connect these tribal settlements
مساكن to the area's water resources مصادر and oil production centers
1. The Rub' al Khali ("Empty Quarter") desert covers the parts of ……… Arab countries.
2. Feldspar stands behind ……………of the Rub' al Khali desert
a. the sand color
b. the topography
c. the elevation
d. the width
3. Paragraph 3 is mainly talking about……………… of the Rub' al Khali desert
a. annual rainfall
c. maximum temperatures
4. Paragraph 4 mentioned the names of ………………oil fields available in the Rub' al Khali desert.
5. The underlined word “inhabitants” in Paragraph 5 probably means………