51. With the use of mobile phones, you will rarely call someone and find the phone line
(a) taken (c) busy
(b) used (d) connected
52. My sister is so _________. I had to work hard to convince her to come with me to the
(a) adaptable (c) flexible
(b) stubborn (d) willing
53. Some people are never happy unless they have a problem to _________.
(a) release (c) dissolve
(b) receive (d) solve
54. When I am in a crowded place, I fear that a thief might _________ my smart phone
and run away with it.
(a) snap (c) stab
(b) slap (d) grab
55. This university is a very reputable _________. It has an excellent academic reputation.
(a) astonishment (c) establishment
(b) disagreement (d) entertainment
56. Scientific studies show that people who have a positive _________ are more likely to
(a) attitude (c) solitude
(b) altitude (d) magnitude
57. Large farms often hire technicians specializing in _________ so they can grow better
and cheaper vegetables in their fields.
(a) autonomy (c) literature
(b) agronomy (d) linguistics
58. This building _________ rain water and uses it to fill up its water tanks.
(a) dissects (c) collects
(b) suspects (d) corrects
59. Some supermarkets try to _________ customers by promoting items as if they were on
sale, even though the proposed price of these items is the regular price.
(a) perceive (c) receive
(b) conceive (d) deceive
60. I have not seen you _________ Monday. Where have you been?
(a) since (c) rarely
(b) still (d) for
61. The minister of health presented his _________ to the prime minister after the media
revealed that some hospitals charged patients more money than allowed.
(a) amputation (c) combination
(b) resignation (d) punctuation
62. It is wrong and useless to be _________ of other people's success. One should, instead,
work harder to get better results.
(a) serious (c) fabulous
(b) jealous (d) precious
63. It's important to have a relevant degree but we also need employees with several years
of job _________.
(a) negligence (c) difference
(b) experience (d) innocence
64. Some people find it hard to sleep in hotels where the _________ and mattresses are too
(a) shadows (c) fellows
(b) pillows (d) windows
65. To stay in business, a shop must offer _________ prices.
(a) speculative (c) descriptive
(b) inquisitive (d) competitive
66. It is polite to _________ to one's email rapidly.
(a) rescue (c) reply
(b) regard (d) recur
67. The heavy rainfall and flooding that Kuwait experienced caused a major _________ on
many of the new roads and bridges, which had to be closed.
(a) solution (c) disaster
(b) factor (d) action